Loving this new "recycled t-shirt" with shamrocks & sequins, and I'm not the only one....(arms in the air, victory!) she likes it too. If you have a daughter about this age, you know what I mean when I say this is huge. Huge, I tell you, huge! It was once easy to create beautiful clothes for her. One of the last things I made for her I was told it was "mommy fabric", I kid you not! If my memory is correct she only wore that outfit a couple times (and it was SO not mommy fabric!).
One day while quickly dusting the furniture, I stopped to look at this picture. Seems like so long ago when I made that onesie for my itty bitty baby girl. I used felt, made a straight stitch around the star in a red DMC floss, and a reverse blanket stitch in pink floss around the square. She actually had several onesies with different patterns on them like this. I think I even gave a few away as baby gifts way back then. After I studied this photograph a few minutes I realized I had a stockpile of outgrown t-shirts waiting to be used for this project.
This can be easy achieved in five simple steps. Let me show you what I did...
I first gathered my supplies which included:
Design Patterns (clickable link)
1-New t-shirt (Hanes @ Wal-Mart, $3.98)
Fusible Webbing, (available at any fabric store)
Sequins (50% off at Hobby Lobby this week).
I knew to make this appealing to her it would need to have some bling!
The next step was to draw my designs onto the paper side of my fusible webbing.
(Yes those are already cut out but just ignore that.) For the second step, I ironed the textured side of the webbing onto the recycled t-shirts. This was the back side from where I drew the design. It is easier to cut out the shapes when cutting the paper rather than just the cotton, makes it more stable, I think.
Once everything was cut out I peeled the paper backing off the shamrocks and pressed them onto the squares. After that I removed the paper backing from the squares and placed them onto the good t-shirt and ironed them into place.
The last step was just adding the embellishments. I chose to sew along the shamrocks just to make sure they stayed secure. After that I ran a stitch along the edge to attach the sequins.
I'm thrilled this gets bling approval! She is already sketching the Easter design she wants....It might be time to go clean out the dresser drawers again.
Thanks for stopping by today!